Position: Customer Service Manager/Office Manager
For over 20 years MorningStar has been hand-roasting small batches of organic coffee. Delivering the warmth & coffee culture of Brazil to the Twin Cities. Our coffees are wholesaled at local grocery stores and hospitality (restaurant) accounts.
We are seeking a talented individual to fill our full-time Customer Service Manager Position. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are necessary, as you will be interacting with staff at all levels.
We work in a fast-paced, multitasking environment – your ability to remain flexible, organized, dedicated, and efficient with a high level of integrity and confidentiality is vital to your success in this role. This position will report to the business owner.
MorningStar coffee is located in Minneapolis.
We are looking for an experienced Customer Service Manager to provide excellent customer service and promote this idea throughout the company. The primary goal in this role is to increase customer satisfaction, loyalty and retention and to meet and exceed their expectations.
This position is responsible for supporting all of our wholesale and hospitality accounts/customer service calls and incoming orders. Maintaining excellent customer relations and a professional disposition is key in this role.
Hours: Full Time: Mon-Fri 8:00 am -4:30 pm
Customer Service = 80
- Take ownership of all customers service issues and following problems through to resolution
- Maintain service procedures, policies and standards
- Maintain product knowledge and familiar with coffee industry terminology
- Responsible for calling customers on a daily basis to place orders for delivery.
- Manage communicate will all departments and oversee day to day operations
Invoice using Quickbooks (for restaurant and grocery stores accounts)
- Create order loads for both the restaurant and grocery drives, PPK, and Roaster
Service Calls = 10%
- Attend weekly meeting with tech team
- Troubleshoot service issues over the phone when possible.
- Dispatch service technicians to location and create service log for service department.
- Follow up on service calls to ensure work was completed
- Responsible for ordering all equipment parts for the service department
- Preventive Maintenance scheduling – track water filters for scheduling replacements
- Dispatch out-of-state third-party service technicians to out of state accounts
Office Responsibilities = 10%
- Attend team meetings
- Maintain positive working relationships with team members
- Maintain and update account database
- Send bi-monthly e-blast emails to our accounts using Constant Contact
- Assist in ordering all supplies for the company
- Responsible for out-going UPS shipments
- Manage label inventory – create labels and stickers for prepack department
- Receive time-off requests from employees and approvals
New Account Installations:
- Basic understanding of equipment used and serviced by MorningStar Coffee
- Prepare all paperwork and orders for new installations (including the following: equipment letter, water filter changes, opening orders, lease agreements, add new accounts to driver routes)
Demo and Truck Scheduling:
- Organize grocery store demo schedule, prepare the demo kits, hire demo sub-contractors to work coffee demos at grocery stores
- Create the schedule for the MSC coffee truck, follow up on the related details (permits, hours, staffing).
- Strong client facing and communication skills
- Ability to think strategically and to lead
- Prior experience in customer service support role
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- Customer service orientation
- BS degree in Business Administration or related field
Position: Paid Summer Intern – Marketing Specialist
WHO WE ARE:
For over 22 years MorningStar has been hand-roasting small batches of organic, fair-trade coffee. Delivering the warmth & coffee culture of Brazil to the Twin Cities. Our coffees are wholesaled at local grocery stores and hospitality (restaurant) accounts.
We are a small business, and everyone wears multiple hats. We move very quickly, so having a sense of urgency is an absolute must. And because culture is key here at MorningStar Coffee a professional, positive, and awesome attitude is essential.
We’re looking for a highly energic summer intern to manage our MorningStar vintage coffee truck and summer marketing event calendar to drive our brand awareness and generate profit.
The ideal candidate will be a passionate and enthusiastic about the craft coffee industry. You’ll be tasked with owning the entire process—from researching local summer events, promoting the truck on social media, booking and scheduling the truck, coordinating the barista team, etc.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Create a marketing plan to fully leverage our vintage MorningStar Coffee for both paid and non-paid event for summer and fall events (music festivals, charity events, sports evernts, grocery store demos, partnered events, graduations, weddings, etc.)
- Effectively manage all aspects of our MorningStar coffee truck and summer marketing schedule – responsibilities will include:
- marketing calendar – for both paid and non-paid events
- responsible for budget management
- manage all logistics – city permits, supplies, contracts, etc.
- hire/manage/coordinate the barista team
- create social media content –in promotion of the truck
- Continually brainstorm and concept new marketing concepts for building our brand awareness in the Twin Cities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must be a college Sophomore, Junior or Senior
- Resume and minimum GPA of 3.0
- Ability to work independently and self-manage
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with using multiple platforms to access information including iPhones, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, etc.
- Experience as a social media user
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly collaborative
- Ability to prioritize and manage challenging deadlines
- Highly creative, visual, and able to generate ideas and see projects from concept to completion
- ???Must have a working knowledge of current craft coffee landscape
Email response and resume to Employment Opportunities